With extensive experience and use of latest technologies, SMB Electric designs and integrates a comprehensive range of products and solutions which improves the power quality of the Low Voltage Network by eliminating disturbances and improving power factor.
This consists of power quality mitigation solutions such as Reactive Power Compensators and Voltage Dip Compensators. The Fixed Power Quality Analyzer is able to measure power quality.
Use of passive and active filters allows harmonics to be filtered and suppressed, giving you power system greater efficiency. With support from our partners, we are able to offer your facility with solutions to counteract these problems and giving you and your power system ease of operation.
Harmonic Mitigation & Reactive Power Factor Compensation
Any distribution circuit serving modern electronic devices will contain some degree of harmonic frequencies. The harmonics do not always cause problems, but the greater the power drawn by these nonlinear loads, the greater the level of voltage distortion. Potential problems attributed to harmonics include:
- Malfunction of sensitive equipment
- Random tripping of circuit breakers
- Flickering lights
- Very high neutral currents
- Overheated phase conductors, panels, and transformers
- Reduced power factor
- Reduced system capacity (because harmonics create additional heat, transformers and other distribution equipment cannot carry full rated load)
Power Quality Analyzer
As an appointed distributor for Elspec, SMB Electric provides you with a convenient tool for analysing power systems. The Elspec PQA provides accurate detection and isolation of power quality monitoring for effective preventive maintenance. Some of the benefits include:
- Absolutely Identify all power quality events
- The ultimate tool for definitive root cause analysis
- Up to one year, recording of all network parameters at up to 1,024/cycle resolution
- No Triggers/No Thresholds meaning no missed events
- Cycle-by-cycle RMS values, frequency and harmonics trends